2016 Clubs and Activities

Science+Club
Back to Article
Back to Article

2016 Clubs and Activities

Science Club

Science Club

Ava Ross

Science Club

Ava Ross

Ava Ross

Science Club

Angelina Torseth, Staff Writer

As the school year gets settled in it can be easy to fall into the daily grind; studying night after night, same routine day after day, it can be hard to stop and think about yourself. This is why we decided to put together a list of clubs for you! Joining a club can have lots of benefits and it doesn’t hurt that it looks good on a college application.

Key Club- Ms. Keen

Key Club is a club that does a variety of community service things such as park cleanups, volunteering at human shelters, relay for life and blood drives. They meet Wednesday mornings @7:30 a.m. in the cafeteria. You should join if you like to help people and make a difference in the school, community, and world! Everyone at MVHS is welcome.

Robotics- Mr. Criner

Robotics meets Tuesdays and Thursdays 3 p.m – 5.pm And Wednesdays 3p.m – 8p.m in CTE-6. They build robots to compete in crazy challenges. They compete in two levels, one for 7-12th grade, and the other for 9-12th grade. But they also do Marketing, Robot Demos, Public Speaking, art, and welding. Scholarships, scholarships, scholarships! Joining this club could help you get one. You don’t have to be the best, just willing to learn and have fun.

National Honor Society- Mrs. Weimer

First, you should definitely apply in April or May. You should join if you have a strong academic focus and also want to serve the community. They host a variety of events including, college application night, senior scholarship and awards night. They meet Thursdays (Green days) 7:30am Location TBD.

Poetry Club- Ms.Taheri

Mondays from 2:40 p.m-3:15 p.m in OM 310 is where you can find poetry club! It’s a fun and safe non-judgmental place to write creatively and share writing. They do auditions for poetry slam and other school events. They also have open mics.

Mixxed-fit Club- Ms. Taheri

This club meets in the cafeteria on Wednesdays from 2:40 p.m- 3:40 p.m. It’s a fun way to workout. You also have a great time dancing. It’s as simple as that go and have fun!

Improv- Mr. Zickler

Improv meets Wednesdays from 2:40 p.m in OM 209. Improv club allows students to learn and practice the art of improvisational acting through games and scenes. This year they will be preforming four Improv night performances, attending live improv shows and interacting with improv groups from other schools.

Drama Club- Mr. Zickler

This year, Drama Club will focus mostly on preparing for a huge event that will take place in March — the 20th anniversary production of “Bowlin! The Musical.” This musical comedy was written by MVHS students in 1997 (including Ross Mathews, currently hosting the TV show Hollywood Today Live) and later presented again in 2007 by another talented group of MVHS students. This year’s Drama Club will meet on Mondays to work on planning, promotion, and preparation for the musical, our first all school musical production since 2012. If students are interested in working on this effort, they should meet in OM 209 on Mondays.